How to remove acrylic nails at home? What are Acrylic nails? How to take off acrylic nails with acetone? How long does acrylic nails stay? If you are in search of these questions then congratulations because you have arrived at the right place!
Acrylic or artificial nails can add beauty in your nails and it is considered as one of the best ways to add little height to your nails. However, after some months it is very painful. Well, no need to worry at all. You don’t have to find the opportunity to go to a salon and remove your acrylic nails. On the other hand, you can also try red gemstones to enhance the beauty of your fingers.
You can learn the steps on ‘how to remove acrylic nails at home’ in detail. Artificial nails add glam to your nails and make it gorgeous. Nails are very important for most of the ladies. They keep it clean, beautiful and maintain their nails from time to time to enhance the beauty of the nails.
Table Of Content
- 1 What Are Acrylic Nails?
- 2 Types Of Acrylic Nails:
- 3 How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Warm Water?
- 4 How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Dental Floss?
- 5 How To Remove Acrylic Nails Using Warm Water And Acetone?
What Are Acrylic Nails?
There are people who may be still wondering what are acrylic nails. In this article, I am going to answer each of your doubts regarding the artificial nails.
Acrylic nails are popularly known as ‘Nail extensions’, ‘Nail wraps’, ‘Nail enhancements’, ‘Fashion nails’, ‘False nails’, ‘Fake nails’ and many more. They are known as extensions that are fixed over fingernails.
They look like natural nails and it is very difficult for some of the people to distinguish them. These nails can change the appearance of the nails and makes them look gorgeous.
Types Of Acrylic Nails:
You need to maintain these nails because after some weeks or months it can be painful for you. Artificial nail is not the replacement of the natural nails, but just an extension. It mostly suits those who have a fair skin tone.
There are many types of acrylic nails that you can wear. Some of them are described below,
- Nail Tips: These nails last for only about seven to ten days because they are just attached to the natural nail to extend its length.
- Wraps: Nail wraps are produced by cutting pieces of silk fabric, linen, fiberglass, or any material to fit on the covering of the nails. Then these are sealed with glue or resin onto the nail plate. This process is expensive as it is not used to give length to your nails. It is used to fix broken nails.
- Gel Nails: To create artificial nail extensions, gel nails are used. These nails generally last for about 2 to 3 weeks. You can also use this as nail polish. Gel nails are hardened using UV light. These nails are expensive and strong. To remove gel nails, you have to visit the salon as acetone will not help you to remove these types of nails.
- Acrylic: These types of nails are usually made up of acrylic glass (PMMA). It forms a malleable bead when it is mixed with liquid monomer. This cures instantly and these nails last a longer period of time.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Warm Water?
To remove acrylic or artificial nails with hot water is one of the easiest and safest method. You can follow the instructions below to continue the process,
Things You Need
- Nail clipper
- Orange sticks
- Nail filer
- Warm water
- First, you need to trim your nails properly
- Trim it to the shortest length possible
- Then take warm water in a bowl, make sure it is not too warm
- After this, you have to soak your nails at least up to half an hour.
- You will notice that the warm water will make your glue dissolves onto it.
- Still, if the nails are not coming out then you can soak for more half an hour and add some more warm water in the bowl.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Dental Floss?
To remove your acrylic nails with dental floss, you need someone to help you. This is one of the easiest and cost-effective processes to remove those artificial nails quickly. Follow the below instructions properly,
Things You Need
- A friend
- Dental Floss
- Cuticle sticks
- First, you need to open your shell with the cuticle sticks.
- Then, you can ask your friend to insert the inlet.
- Now, request your friend to do it in a sawing action.
- Proceed the method till your acrylic nails pop off.
- This way you can remove your artificial nails but it can be slightly painful for some of you.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails Using Warm Water And Acetone?
There is a high search volume of ‘how to take off acrylic nails using acetone’ because women know that this process is very effective and easy. Hence, follow the instructions below to remove your acrylic nails using acetone and warm water,
Things You Need
- Two bowls
- Warm water
- Nail clippers
- Vaseline jelly
- Cuticle sticks
- Trim your nails to the most concise height as far as possible because it is going to make your task easier.
- Then with the cuticle sticks, you can pry your cuticles.
- Take 2 bowls, fill up the one with hot water, and the other with acetone.
- Then add the bowl of acetone into the bowl of hot water.
- Then apply the vaseline jelly on your skin.
- This is going to protect your skin from acetone.
- Now, you can soak your nails that have acetone.
- Wait for at least half an hour.
- You have to check again and again that the acrylic nails have become soft or not so that you can easily pull it out with the tweezers.
- Still, not prepared to remove your artificial nails with tweezers then you can soak your nails for a little longer.
Therefore, these were the best ways to remove your acrylic nails with acetone or hot water. Make sure you follow the instructions properly so that you can remove it properly. With this, you must also know how to apply liquid eyeliner to enhance your beauty.
The above-mentioned secret tips can help you to a great extent. If you have any queries then feel free to ask in the comment section below about the different types of nails and how to maintain it.