Moisturizing your face is the single best thing that you can do to improve your skin quality.
No one likes dry skin, it’s itchy, irritating, prone to acne, and breakouts, and is not pleasant to look at.
Hence it is best to moisturize your skin with quality moisturizers every time you wash your face.
However, for moisturizing your face you don’t need expensive moisturizers, there are home remedies that work far better than those chemical-packed moisturizers, and if you have sensitive skin then you should give home remedies a shot.
Now you may be thinking “what can I use to moisturize my face at home?”
Don’t worry friend we have some awesome home remedies that you can use to moisturize your face at home, these remedies are free of toxic chemicals, will restore your skin’s natural glow, and will heal and nourish your skin.
In the end, we have a homemade moisturizer that works like a miracle, stay tuned.
Ways To Moisturize Your Face at Home
Here are some super easy ways to moisturize your skin at home.
The best part about these remedies is that all the ingredients are already in your fridge ready to be used.
1. Avocado, banana, and egg mask
Usage: 2-3 times a week
Avocado is not an unknown name when we talk about homemade maks, be it a hair mask or face mask.
Avocado has properties to moisturize and nourish your skin, plus you can also use those super ripe avocados that are disgusting to eat.
Banana is high in potassium, vitamin C and B6 all of these are very good for your skin.
Eggs are very good for skin as well as they provide luster, hydration, and elasticity to the skin. Besides, you can also go for some sun protection lotions if you visits outside of your home regularly.
Properties of the avocado, banana, and egg mask:
- Moisturize skin.
- Reverse the effects of aging.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Home-made and free of chemicals.
- You can also use this face mask as a hair mask.
Take a ripe avocado and a banana (scrap the inside of the skin of the banana with a spoon and add that as well) and mash both of them in a bow.
Now crack an egg and add the egg white into the banana-avo mixture.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and your mask is ready.
How to apply avocado, banana, and egg mask:
Wash your face with lukewarm water to open the pores, now apply the mask all over the face and let it sit for 25 to 30 mins.
Wash it with lukewarm water and then finish it off with some cold water to close the pores.
And voila! your skin is hydrated and glowing like a baby.
2. With milk products
If you don’t have time to prepare masks and other stuff then the solution is right inside your fridge ready to be used.
Yes, I am talking about milk-based products (not all of them).
Milk products have the property to moisturize and nourish your skin like nothing else.
Milk-based products have lactic acid which is good for your skin, it keeps your skin glowing and is an excellent toner and cleanser.
Here are some milk-based products that your skin will love.
Number Uno is buttermilk, apart from being an excellent base for marination buttermilk is a blessing for your skin.
It rejuvenates your skin and will keep it naturally fresh, glowing, and moisturized throughout the day.
How to apply buttermilk on your skin:
- In a small bowl Take 2 tablespoons of good quality buttermilk (homemade is the best)
- Add about a tablespoon of pure rose water.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser
- Take a cotton pad and dip it in the solution.
- Apply gently on your face in a circular motion.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then massage it for a minute.
- And wash it
Your skin will be hydrated and will feel soft like a baby’s skin.
You can use this remedy twice to thrice a week for great results.
Another great milk-based product for your skin is milk cream.
Milk cream removes dead cells, hydrated your skin, and gives it a stunning glow.
How to apply milk cream on your face:
- Wash your face with lukewarm water to open up the pores.
- Take a layer of milk cream and apply it to your skin.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes in a gentle circular motion massage it on your face for 5 minutes.
- Then wash it with lukewarm water.
This remedy will leave your skin glowing and moisturized.
You can use this remedy every alternate day for great results.
Curd has miraculous benefits.
It is great for your hair and well as your face. Curd had the property to de-tan and moisturize your skin.
And if you add honey and rose water to it works like a magic potion for your skin.
How to apply curd on your skin:
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of curd and mix 1 tablespoon of rose water and one tablespoon of honey in it (if you don’t have honey or rose water with you then just curd will work fine)
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Then apply the mixture to your skin and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It is ideal to sit in a cool place or else curd drip from your face.
- After 15 minutes gently massage your face in a circular motion for a minute or two.
- Then finally wash it with lukewarm water.
3. Cold-pressed oils
Cold press oils are a great way to moisturize your skin at home.
Cold press oil has antioxidants that help in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. They also make skin tighter and give a natural glow.
However, if you have oily skin then you must use a very thin layer of cold press oils else it could result in breakouts.
Best cold press oils for skin:
- Cold press coconut oil.
- Cold press almond oil.
- Tea tree oil (for pimple-prone skin)
- Sesame oil.
And many more.
4. Home-made moisturizer
Now, in the end, we have an ultimate homemade moisturizer for your skin.
This moisturizer is suitable for all skin types and will give your skin a natural glow plus it is free from all toxic chemicals and preservatives.
Homemade aloe vera moisturizer for moisturizing your face at home.
Here is a simple yet effective recipe for a homemade moisturizer.
- Natural oil of choice (preferably clod press oils)
- Essential oil for fragrance (optional)
How to make:
- Mix 6 tablespoons of oil to 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of aloe vera, you can use aloe vera gel or directly from the plant.
- Now add a few drops of essential oils, they give a very nice fragrance to the moisturizer.
- Mix everything well
- And your moisturizer is ready.
Store the moisturizer in a clean jar and it should be used within 4 to 5 days.
How to apply the moisturizer:
- Using clean hands or a spoon take a pea size amount of moisturizer.
- Run it between your palms and apply gently on your face.
- Aloe vera has antioxidants that help in the prevention of breakouts.
- Cold press oils keep skin hydrated, and glowing and prevent breakouts.
- Antioxidants help in rejuvenating skin and making it younger.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
So this was how to moisturize your face at home.
Our pantry has everything to make our face young and glowing, all we need to do is take a look.